Here is a cool, no-bake summer dessert – and it doesn’t even need Jello or Cool-Whip. These little guys are stuffed with a slightly sweet whipped cream and cream cheese filling. The cream cheese stabilizes the whipped cream, so the shelf life is much longer than for plain whipped cream. If you don’t feel like individually stuffing berries, just serve the cream as a dip along with a variety of fresh fruit.
This dessert looks the prettiest when you use small to medium sized strawberries.
Yield: About 2 – 1/2 cups of cream filling
- Strawberries (filling recipe makes enough to fill up to 2 pounds)
- 4 oz (114 g) cream cheese
- 1/4 c.(50 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (recommended: Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste)
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- small knife for hulling berries
- electric mixer fitted with a whip attachment
- pastry bag fitted with star tip